SEO UK: This year, so much has changed in the world of Internet marketing that many business owners have to scramble to keep up with the developments. Unfortunately, there are still some who neglect the importance of SEO in getting their presence known to their target audience. Many still believe that there’s no reason to fix a marketing strategy that’s not broken and so they pass up on the advantages that a good SEO campaign can bring.
But what is SEO UK exactly and why is it important?
Simply put, Search Engine Optimisation is the process of getting your website on top of search engine results pages (SERPs) whenever someone enters a query. And although you might already have an idea on what Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is, the difference lies in completely understanding how to make it work for your business. When you are running an e-commerce store for example, it’s just natural that you want to generate sales as much as possible, right? This is where effective SEO comes in!
Is there a real need for an SEO specialist when you can go the DIY way?
True, you might have the technical knowledge to search for relevant keywords, you may know how to tinker with analytics, and you can very well run your own PPC campaign, but do you have all the time to focus your energy in managing all the aspects of marketing your website? More importantly, do you have time left in keeping up with the changing SEO trends?
Due to the various search engine updates in recent years (Panda as the latest from Google), there’s now a need for business owners to tap the expertise of SEO professionals. Hiring an SEO specialist UK may mean another expense, but if you don’t do things the right way, it can cost you a lot in the long run. What’s even worse is that you can be missing out on excellent opportunities to let your business grow.
However, it’s just natural to have second thoughts if you won’t see the proof that SEO really works. So here are some numbers to back it up (from various sources).
• SEO leads have a 15% close rate, on par with the close rate for direct traffic, and ahead of referrals (9%), paid search (7%), social media (4%), and outbound leads (2%) (Marketing Charts)
• 80% of traffic to a website begins with search query (Formstack)
• About 300-350 million searches are carried out in the UK alone
• For Google, 18% of organic clicks go to the #1 position, 10% of organic clicks go to the #2 position, and 7% of organic clicks go to the #3 position.
• 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads, focusing on the organic results.
• SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate, while outbound leads (such as direct mail or print advertising) have a 1.7% close rate.
• 73% of all online transactions start with search engines (Galleon SEO)
Knowing the above information is one thing but making it work for you is entirely another. That’s where an affordable SEO in the UK can help you out. Keep in mind that there’s no one size-fits-all solution to making SEO work. So along with statistics, an effective SEO strategy from an experienced SEO consultant UK should give your business valuable opportunities for success.
When to take action?
While your competitors are now leveraging the benefits of SEO, there’s no better time to join the bandwagon than today. Regardless of your size, any business definitely needs all the optimisation that it can have especially when it comes from an affordable SEO UK provider that can guarantee results. Paul Tovey offers Affordable Small Business SEO and is a Freelance Search Engine Optimisation Consultant.